- This event has passed.
Financing Large solar PV projects
This training suits those who:
- Conduct economic feasibility studies for PV projects
- Are responsible for financing these projects
- Want to integrate solar projects into their portfolio
- Need to evaluate the risks and benefits of PV projects.
- Project life cycle and cost analysis
- Design and content of key project contracts
- Financial indicators
- Resource estimation and business case formulation
- Assessment of project value
- Project financing
- Bankability assessments/due diligence
- Risk and risk management instruments.
- Evaluate the bankability of PV projects
- Discuss technical, commercial, legal and political risks and
- risk mitigation schemes
- Determine CAPEX/OPEX, assess key financial indicators
- and set up the financial structure of PV projects
- Debate the advantages
- Participants should have basic knowledge about principles of PV systems (including application, components, sizing/design, economic aspects/costs)
- Participants should have basic knowledge about principles of financing and project management
- Participants should be willing to attend the whole seminar and to actively engage in practical exercises and group work (present results, discuss solutions, etc.)
- Good English proficiency is a prerequisite.
- Donor: USAID – FHI360 (please check their branding guidelines in the document attached, page 21)
- Training provider: RENAC, website: https://www.renac.de/
- EDAMA: grantee, host